Do you want to get paid to work with animals and be enrolled on a funded animal care course?
We currently have space for young people under the Kick Start Scheme that are interested in animal care work. The scheme is a paid scheme for people ages 16 to 24 and is run by the government.
- To qualify you must be on universal credit and looking for a job.
- If you are interested in being considered for this scheme please speak to your job coach and tell them you would like to apply for an animal care position via Key Care and support.
- The position is 25 hours a week paid at minimum wages.
- The working hours will include shifts from 7am until 10.30 pm (7 days a week).
- There will be a lot of late evening and weekend work included.
- Own transports will be required so that you can get to and from the sanctuary.
- We are not on a bus route and buses from the nearest village will not be compatible with the working times due to only running a handful of times a day.
- This placement is to help young people gain experience and a qualification to help them gain full time employment in the animal care sector.
For more information speak to your job coach at the job centre today. Please do not apply to the sanctuary directly as this application must be completed via the job centre and job coach.