APPLICATIONS – CLOSES FRIDAY 29TH MARCH AT 5PM.
Do you have a real genuine interest in animals/ animal welfare?
If so, we have a Part-time vacancy at the Idlewild Animal Sanctuary.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Animal Care Assistant/Co-ordinator to join our Animal Sanctuary in the beautiful Conwy Valley.
The role will be for Weekends and also cover the Centre Managers holidays.
(With the flexibility to cover extra hours in the Centre Managers absence, Holidays and in the Spring/Summer months).
Hours of work will be flexible to meet requirements of the Sanctuary including evenings especially during Summer will be more than 15 hours a week. (In Summer there would be additional hours to ensure the animals are given maximum time outside to enjoy the good weather)!
- To look after cats, rabbits, chickens, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pigs and more. (At any one time, The Sanctuary care for over 140 animals!).
- The role will involve, feeding and caring for our animals.
- Cleaning and mucking out their beds/ houses/ hutches.
- Taking time to ensure the animals are safe, secure and in good health.
- You may be required to assist with open days/meetings with potential adopters of animals.
- Liaising with local vet practices if required.
- Regular ‘sleepovers’ will be required to ensure the Sanctuary is manned in the absence of the Trustee.
The rate of pay is £8.50 per hour, 4 weeks of annual leave and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
To be considered for this role we require the following;
- We are looking for a demonstrated genuine interest and experience in animal care and welfare.
- Experience working within a team and with minimal supervision is essential.
- You will be required to have a valid driving license and access to a car. (Due to the remote location of the Sanctuary and in the event of emergency veterinary visits being necessary if an animal is taken ill at the weekends or evenings in the absence of the Center Manager or Trustee).
- You must have the flexibility to be able to work Weekends and some Evenings as and when required.